User experience > UI + UX
“Experience is no limited to what you see and touch”
As a user, my “Experience” is not limited to what I see and touch but is ultimately “experiencing” it.
? My experince on UBER is not just app and payment.
! But, it is also my ‘experience’ of getting a cab, travelling on UBER, and finally reaching my destination.
- A large part of this is dependent on how soon one finds CAB.
- How is the behaviour of the drivers.
- So, If a user does not find match soon, they’ll hate UBER. They cannot blame the location being far away or peak hours. Because, those issues have no consequence to user’s dissatisfaction.
? My experince on ZOMATO is not just app and payment.
! But, it is also my ‘experience’ of choosing food of my choice, getting food on time, quality & taste of it.
- Zomato’s experience is dependent also on the “food” made by their cooking partners/hotels.
- Delivery partners
- So, If a user hate either of these, you’ll hate ZOMATO
? My experince on AMAZON is not just choosing and paying for it.
! But is is also choosing the best choice, easy payment, delivery and finally using the product
- Amazon’s experience is dependent also on external factors of “Sellers”.
- Managing their sellers is important part of their “User Experience”
- So, If a user is not satified with the delivery, he cannot punish seller, hence he will punish Amazon.
When a Product manager considers UX projects, following are great fit. Though they does not sound conventionally UX projects.
- An algorithm to find best match for user’s choice.
- Fair rating of parters in the play and sorting them for user’s preferences.